Startup

Exiting from the company, I founded in 2007

I am pretty new to therodinhoods. In fact this is my first post. I came to know about it from Alok, whom I met in 2008 for some business opportunities. I felt honored to meet him and learn more about his business and a short story as how he started. I admire him not only because he is very successful, but also for his wisdom & vision and how he applied that to build his multi-million dollar business. I wish I could have continued with my existing business, as he did.

Now, my story: My name is Jai and I am one of the founders of  www.pringoo.com, I started the business in early 2007. We bootstrapped and business is still running. We introduced several innovative ideas in early e-commerce business in India. We were the first company offering Cash on delivery for custom made product. We started campus ambassador program to promote  entreprenureship at the college level. Also, we were innovative to attract social media early adaptor crowd in India by introducing Twitter swag idea. However, we made some mistakes on our way and could not continue running as we had envisioned. I strongly believe the timing was not right and we were one of the early movers. However it has been a very learning journey and I enjoyed every bit of it.

Lately, my focus and priority have shifted. I also moved back to US and got involved in other startup here. But, at the same time, I continued running the show remotely. That has been very challenging and of course hampering the business operation and finance. Now, I would want to move forward with my other ideas here in US. So, I am exploring the opportunities to exit (sellout) from the business and handover this high potential business to someone who can take it to the next level. I hope this forum can help me to reach the interested party.

Thanks.
Jai
jaivkr at gmail dott com

Comments

9 Comments

1. Call me on 9619520560 or send me a mail at manavshankar@gmail.com

2. I know someone who is from similar line of business but on retail side and wants to go online. He has all the machinery and logistics to produce. Can you share your contact details on himanshu@teknopoint.in and I will link up both of you. 

3. By the way I had worked with pringoo to get T-shirts done for an event in pune and was very happy with the output. 

4. Hi Jai,

First of all congratulations that you are on the stage where you are able to exit (or have a reason to do so) as you have been through all the various stages that all Entrepreneurs go at the respective times, why not give the opportunity to fellow Entrepreneurs who are maybe at some stage other than the one you are exiting from and accelerate their growth in the process, plus you can also become a guiding hand in case they do require it 🙂

There are a few RodinHooders who had posted from the same trade or line of business, you can try contacting them and maybe they would be interested to take off online since that was what they intended to go to in the next level, have tried to compile what I felt would be relevant to your requirement, while yet others might be able to suggest and approach personally as you would see soon.

Call directly at 9833550160 too! (I’m Apurva Kothari) from no Nasties. Their Post here : We are a small & young company hoping to make a large & long term impact! You can get a lot more info on our website, our blog and our Facebook page: How is No Nasties different? Make t-shirts that are made ethically & in an environmentally friendly manner. From farm to factory, seed to stitching, we looked at every step of the t-shirt making process and got rid of all the nasties!

Then there is Mohamed Madani from Bangalore into the Printed Bags Their post here who could be interested since they are into the similar domain from around a year a start-up called BLUE TONGUE based in Bangalore. We are into manufacturing of handbags. How different are we.? Well, we started with customization of bags. Just like the T-Shirt customization industry has a lot of good players, we ventured out thinking we would be able to promote customized bags. 

Amit Arvind : design & order it online at https://www.iLogo.in

HariHara Sudhan : Email : hari@simplelife.in   Mob : 82774 72484. based in Bangalore.

Shivraj Pai : my mail id- shivrajpai@ymail.com mobile number- 9035975667 based in Bangalore.

Our Very own Gurpreet Singh Tikku who started off and learnt a lot of Lessons from Gifting should be able to connect a few from the trade in Delhi, and now even his bathroom speaks words of wisdom with him 🙂

Puneet Sharma might be able to help as well from Bearshop

As per something similar that happened with souravlodha@yahoo.com around more than a year back contact him if interested.We are a group of three student entrepreneurs and inspired by http://www.socialprintshop.com, we started http://www.Printbooth.in. It’s an e-commerce website and we basically print collage posters and laptop skins.

Our own Advocate-RodinHooder Rahul Dev would be glad to share his experiences with https://wyo.in/shop/current/chai-tshirt/ and the ways you can Make it Better.

As many will agree, Alok is a superhero of India when it comes to Digital (Internet) Industry, and it is not limited to social media only. He can also guide you since he has also done a lot of such interactions himself and is always ready to give his share of Knowledge and support as is visible we are able to use this platform for the same purpose now.

Good Luck!!

5. Please share your contact details sudhir.sehgal@gmail.com

6. Hi Jai,

Please drop a mail at amit@iLogo.in. Would love to understand the value add.

Cheers

Amit

7. Darshan, Thank you for posting the reply. Very much appreciated. I would definitely love to help fellow entrepreneurs by sharing what I learnt and mistakes I made 🙂

8. Glad to hear that. Made my day 🙂

9. Hi Jai,

Just curious to know whether you want to sell off for money or because its hectic to mange remotely from US?

I have a proposal for you. We hv recently launched a venture, Startup4Startups, here, we setup business for new entrepreneurs, expand the existing business, negotiation, channelize the product, outsource the management, etc… So you can outsource the management of your venture to us, we will run it on your behalf for certain amount of fees or equity…

It will help your company to grow to its full potential and when the time is right, you can sell off and it will fetch you good money then, than what it can fetch you now. Let me know, what you think, we can have a discussion.

Regards,

Aman A Jha

aman4apex@gmail.com

Comments are now closed for this post.

Lost Password

Register