News

Rodinhood Event then (Dec 2011) and Now (March 2014)

Hello All,

Happy Holi!

Was going through past archives and bumped upon this link. The very first Rodinhood meet in Mumbai and the takeaways. It was Dec 2011 where we were exactly 11 people in the meet.

And this month March 2014, I attend the same meet with the venue from a restaurant to NSE Auditorium of 200 plus capacity, simply Fabulous. They were a lot of similarities in the meet we had that time and now.

If you see I had mentioned in the link about Linkedin being a classy example of Gaming, the very same Point Alok mentioned this time as well.

It takes patience and perseverance for a start up to grow, Rodinhood that time with 11 member meet today having 250+ coming in a Saturday and 10,000 followers. Indeed Kudos to Alok’s vision and efforts around the same. Dunno whats there ahead 7 years from now? Alok would answer this?

Alok did mention that a start up takes 10 years to mature, and this words are embedded now for me.

I had mentioned a point then it was an all men affair, and now we had a woman entrepreneur coming from Bahrain. Aloks Magic is working All over 🙂

There were only few that time who came from Pune; this time we had people from all over India, Jubanashwa came from Odisha.

Kanchan Kumar was common in both the meets!

Just a small analogy post, lot to take home, loads of learning!

Cheers,

Sapan Kadakia

Easyrewardz.com

@sapankadakia

PS:Attaching a pic of my shoes which were captured, I dunno If I was captured:-)

Comments

6 Comments

1. wow sapan. this is awesome!

i took the liberty of adding the old pic from alok’s fb and adding a couple of links to connect the dots!

i remember when this meet was announced and how excited we were about it!

thank you for being a part of our mixers & meetups & open houses journey!! 

🙂

ps: check here and here to see whether any more of your pix were clicked

2. Thanks Asha! For making this Live! Indeed good that you found the old pic also!

Cheers,

Sapan

3. Seeing the pic I realized one more similarity Backpackers was also there in that very meet, and he relaunched in March 2014. Crazy co-incidence!!

4. yes indeed!!! akshay has been one of our early members. he’s attended all of our events in delhi. and at least two in mumbai. it was awesome to have his re-launch at our Open House. some rodinhooders just become family 🙂

next time, pls catch hold of me – would love to say hi 🙂

5. Absolutely Asha!

6. Wonderful!!!

Sapan, You Were captured Surely!!!

You can Tag yourself in the Picture, if you Click the Pic here it would open the Original picture posted already for the purpose 🙂 Could not catch up with you too at the event maybe the next time. Cheers!!

Comments are now closed for this post.

Lost Password

Register