News

Weekly Newsletter: Jan 24-30, 2015

RIP RK Laxman, Resume & Office Builders, Event Apps & ASKs, Diabetes & KUDOS KARTHIK!!

My dear Rodinhood,

So while Obama came and went, Kiran B vs the other Kejriwal and the other dramas continue…  we all lost someone. The creator of the Common Man who taught my generation the art of satire, passed away. RIP RK Laxman. ‘You Said It’ was the first thing we school kids would check out in the newspaper each morning. Thank you Kaanchan for this beautiful tribute to the man who said it all.

I can’t believe what outstanding content we have – each week just gets better!! (knock wood). Today’s newsletter is a mark of GRATITUDE to each one of you who contributes by creating content, commenting, sharing insights, engaging the community and making stories go viral.

Muchas Gracias!

Less than a year after pitching an idea for the first time at an informal TheRodinhoods ChaiMeet in Hyderabad, Rodinhooder Karthik got funded! Read his incredible, inspiring story and congratulate him! #RodinStar

What and how much it takes to build an office in Delhi – an awesome startup story – do bookmark! Thanks Sujan for sharing such a detailed write-up!!

How this Rodinhooder’s Mom gets more than 1k LIKES per week on her facebook page!!! Delightfully simple tips!

Why Shilpi finds starting up so scary?? Best Wishes to Shilpi & her husband who have just started up 4 days ago!!

Govt. Office Hack! Tips for Property Registration (and an offer to help Rodinhooders!)

Répondez, S’il Vous Plaît? Merci Beaucoup! 

Diabeto – your friend in Diabetes (great lessons on how to achieve your crowdfunding goal!) 

Locat’r – Find anything you’re looking for!

Super Resume Builder – apply for a job via your mobile!

Expin.me – an expression platform!

Before-During-After Event Networking App

GNMV Spaces – Plug ‘n Play Offices for Startups in Mumbai !

Dekho aur kaho Dhanyavaad 🙂

Five lessons from Shark Tank’s best pitch!

CEO & Co-founder of Connecto on Proactive Lead Generation

Arigato

Everyday Entrepreneurship

Anatomy of an Entrepreneur

Does the Rs 15k per month minimum wage in India make a difference?

Ask and Answer? Ta!

Hey, what made you jump into entrepreneurship?

How do you make the most of an EVENT?!

Atamjeet has been invited on India’s Got Talent! Hit him with some ideas and good luck?!

Tech needed to convert manual token system to smartcard for gaushalas. Moo!!!! (geeks pls help)

THERE’S MORE!

Particpate & Attend – Danke!

Great Tech Rocketships – calling young tech companies (if you don’t see your vertical – apply under other 🙂 or comment on the post!)

MUMBAI – this week you’ve got LEAN STARTUP WKSP &

LETSPITCH MIXER by LETSVENTURE.

Pls look out for DV’s WEBINAR of the Week!

Birthdays are back on the homepage – so pls wish the b’day gals & guys! Shukriya!

Folks who post queries in ASK – kindly acknowledge the comments other rodinhooders have shared.

Here’s last time’s newsletter – you can FIND THEM ALL HERE!

image source

RodinWriter: Hardik Shah

If you haven’t read his End of a Chapter, read it right now.

I keep hearing about problems entrepreneurs face over hiring, retaining good talent and finding the right co-founder. So if you are fortunate to have a co-founder who shares your passion and vision; CELEBRATE HER. Don’t ever take her for granted. Grab coffee or a beer with her this evening. Pick up the phone right now and appreciate her unconditional commitment. For tolerating you. And always being by your side, especially in your dark days. For believing in you and building with you. Remember, you make only one side of the coin and she completes you.  Thank her in any language. But thank her.

think.do.be.grateful.

vinaka vakalevu for reading!

asha chaudhry

co-founder & editor

asha@rodinhood.com 

facebook 

twitter

Comments

Lost Password

Register